Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /homepages/36/d539580011/htdocs/app539580914/wp-content/plugins/my-wp-translate/includes/class-my-wp-translate-po-parser.php on line 167 AIR FRANCE INAUGURATES ITS NEW MEDIUM-HAUL CABINS - European-Aviation.net
Since April 2015, Air France has been introducing its new medium-haul cabins on board its fleet of Airbus A319.
24 Airbus A319 aircraft will be fitted out in the first half of 2015, and 25 Airbus A320 in the first half of 2016. In total, 7,800 new seats will be installed. They are the result of a survey with a chosen panel, customers or not, and travel influencers. In all, Air France analysed 10,000 different opinions.
50 million euros have been invested to redesign the new cabin and bring it to the best global level, with leather seats for customers in Economy and Business. Inflight services have also been enhanced. Free hot meals will be served in Economy and Business on medium-haul flights lasting over 2 hours.
Air France has paid special attention to its customers traveling for professional reasons. These customers represent nearly 30% of all passengers and seek efficient service and total flexibility. This is why Air France has introduced a new “Economy Flex” fare. It includes many exclusive benefits including:
– Tickets are refundable and can be modified free of charge in the same booking class
– One piece of baggage weighing no more than 23 kilos is carried free in the hold. In the cabin, one bag and an accessory (handbag, laptop, camera) are allowed for a total weight of 12 kilos.
– Access to SkyPriority channels, ensuring fast service at the airport.
– A guaranteed seat at the front of the Economy cabin,
– 200% Miles are earned as part of the Flying Blue loyalty program.
“We need to be offensive to win the battle on medium-haul routes. With these new cabins, we aim to be among the best in the world. Winning the preference of each customer on departure from Europe is now a strategic priority of our Perform 2020 plan” declared Frédéric Gagey, Chairman and CEO of Air France.